Friday, January 5, 2018

Tips On How To Organize your Home

It's that time of year where we all want to reorganize our home and lives. I have done this for many years and in fact, I do it every six months. I have even learned a few tricks along the way on how not to overbuy and keep my home organized. As a young girl, I spend a few summers at my aunt's home and she taught me the art of cleaning. Yes, you see right, cleaning! In fact, my sweet husband tells me all the time "No one cleans like you." I only know of one person and she was my old college roommate and we got along great too! Now, I also had to learn to balance my zeal (AKA - OCD) for cleaning and remember my peace does not come from a perfectly clean home. It's okay if I didn't mop for two weeks or I didn't get to clean out my refrigerator this month, or the ceiling fans get clean twice a year. So today I am passing along some of my not so OCD tips for keeping your kitchen organize and clean. 

Tips for keeping your kitchen organize and clean. 

  • At least once a week I make sure to clean out my refrigerator or any leftovers and wipe shelves. 
  • Once a month I give my refrigerator a good clean (wash drawers, toss out expired food, dressing and so on)
  • Twice a year I toss out any expired spices. Also, my spices all have to fit on my lazy susan. 
  •   *Tip* Don't buy special seasoning. EX. Taco seasoning - chances are you have all the spices to make your own. Save your money.  
  • When it comes to my dishes, glassware, silverware, glass storage containers, bakeware, serving platters even kitchen gadgets or appliances I keep it simple. 
  • I have all white dishes with matching mugs, clear glassware, regular silverware, 4 sets of serving platters in the color red, green, white (Holidays and special occasions). 
  • I never buy the latest gadget craze. EX. I don't need mandoline, my chef knives work amazing. 
  • I have a set of high-quality stainless steel pots and pans and cast iron set. 
  • Save your money and don't buy Teflon. They peel and are poor quality.
  • Clean out my kitchen cabinets, drawers, and pantry twice a year.
I admire seeing other peoples ideas on how to organize their home and today I am going to share with you some of my favorites. Do check out these amazing ideas from these talented bloggers. Thank you for stopping by.




1 comment:

  1. Can you believe I just cleaned out my spice cabinet after about a decade!! No kidding. There are some things we use all the time, but there were some scary things we literally never used. Time to go!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.