Monday, December 17, 2012

Upcycled Christmas Garland

Today, I am up-cycling an old Christmas garland that has seen better days. You'll just need a green garland (I've seen them at the dollar store), wire ribbon, glitter and non-giltter ornaments and two rolls of Poly Deco Mesh.

Take each end of the garland and place a heavy book to hold down the garland. This will make the garland from moving all over the place.
Gather the mesh in your hand 
Mesh should be 9 inches long
Make a poof  
Tie the mesh using the garland. Continue all the way down
First layer.
I added second layer, by using the same method.
Using the same method as the Deco Meash, starting at the top tie off ribbon with the branches of the garland and just go side to side and skipping ever other poof. 
Here is how it will look. 
It's so much fuller with the ornaments and ribbon. 











I love how the garland looks, its so fluffy and full. It looks great on top of my entertainment center. This would also look great over the fireplace or your entry way. Thanks for stopping by and wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Hugs,

Vanessa


7 comments:

  1. You must be the Christmas fairy!!! I can't believe this stunning transformation!!! Very happy to find your blog. I'm bookmarking this for next year!!!!
    I am leaving happy and very inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Deco Mesh look lovelier. You did a great job Vanessa.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I LOVE deco mesh! It's so easy to work with, but makes such a gorgeous statement... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Thanks so much for linking it up this week.... Hope to see you join in on the "Stringtown Home Sisterhood" in January! ((Hugs))
    Heather
    stringtownhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's really pretty! And you make it look so easy! I've got one of those tired garlands that could use some sprucing up, so thanks for sharing!

    If you've got a minute, check out the recycled water/soda bottle wreath I made for my front door. It looks like a Peppermint Explosion! :D You can see it at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4561188901215.2166783.1036342162&type=1&l=af9ae75b7e

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I'm loving all the red I'm seeing in your projects! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this. I need this for my entertainment center as well!
    Blessings,
    Shan
    The How to Guru

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.