Monday, September 3, 2012

How to Reupholster dining chairs

I wanted to share my DIY dining chairs I reupholstered. If you have a Hancock Fabric store near you stop by today for their huge savings. I saw this upholstery fabric awhile back and it out of my price range, but when I went last week on Thursday morning the same fabric was marked down 70%. The fabric costed $14, but I purchased it for a $1.97 a yard. I purchased three yards and still have enough fabric to make a couple of throw pillows. Woo Hoo!
My not so lovely dining chairs.
The duster I wanted to keep so I removed it carefully.  
There was a lot of staples so I cut around and removed the duster. 
There where over 100 staples for each chair. Crazy! 
Once the duster was removed I just ripped apart the leather and the seat cushions were in great shape.
Do you see the corners of the seat? I have to make sure the fabric lays properly in these two corners. 
Make sure before you staple the fabric down to fix the design on the cushion properly. 
Tuck the side of the fabric in and staple into place.
The fabric is all done and now for the duster. 
Staple the duster back on.

 I plan on repainting the dining table soon as well.
Who said recovering furniture or chairs have to be expensive. If you shop at the right time you can save a bundle. Love my chairs and Love that you stopped by. Have a great week and drop me a line.

Hugs,

Vanessa











10 comments:

  1. You really gave your chairs a beautiful update. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out great!! I'm your newest follower :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the chairs! I just redid mine as well; it's an easy transformation that makes a huge difference

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by! And thank you so much for your kind comments and for following.

    Your chairs turned out great. I have a Hancock store about a mile from my house -- it is very handy! I too watch for the sales. Last weekend I got a big piece of foam because I am rebuilding two chair seats. Sometimes the sales are very good!

    I will find your follow button and follow back! Come again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vanessa,

    Your chairs turned out beautiful! I love the new fabric.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was lovely to hear from you again Vanessa!
    I love what you did with your chairs and they look professionally made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love your dining room set and the fabric you chose is perfect! Found you on Blog Hop Social and so glad to be following you:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Score! I love the fabric, just love it! You did a great job. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop . I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vanessa, thanks for coming by Quirky Vistas and taking the time to check out some of my posts. I love seeing this pretty change to the chair and how you reupholstered the cushion. When I do it, I tend to find there to be too much fabric at the corners. Some fabrics are easier than others to deal with, that's for sure! Your's came out wonderfully.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.